After some initial trepidation yesterday (should I? shouldn’t I?) I’m glad I posted here on the blog. While it takes a gulp of courage to even post to just my closest connections, it’s certainly riskier going ‘public’.
What will Potential Future Boss think if they see this? Will it damage my prospects?
Or will it enhance my prospects? And give Future Boss the chance to see that I have initiative and guts?
As one of my peers says, “If someone is going to judge you negatively on this, maybe you won’t want to work for them anyway”.
Below is a recap of my job hunting efforts. It’s been a slow start, but the biggest step is always between 0 and 1.
– posted Day 1 article in LinkedIn — on the theme of “Measured Vulnerability”
– organised my Leads in Trello
– read days 1-20 of George Siosi Samuels’ 40 Days of Job Hunting eBook
– decided on metrics
– apply for 1 job
– email NSW Health to follow up on informal interview
– contact A and D
– waiting for a client to get back to me
– new leads generated: 2
– new applications submitted: 0
– unsuccessful responses: 1
– new testimonials: 0
– The biggest step is between 0 and 1. Starting feels good.
– This idea to focus on Job Hunting came to me in meditation yesterday. (For once, I actually stopped and listened to my intuition, rather than ‘rush’ through my meditation).
I am not the only one looking for work. May my experience of posting out loud be of service to others.